Carving Our Dream From A Hillside
In 2004, there was one university in Rwanda — now there are seventeen. International university recruiters have begun to discover Rwanda, and we have launched an after-school study program for students who qualify for advanced tutoring. Now, in 2022, our graduates have started NGOs, studied in Germany and the United States, as well as obtaining college degrees in Africa. They are making the goal, “Changing the future of Rwanda, one student at a time” a reality.
- Organize in-service training in EL principles.
- Foster and grow a passion for EL principles.
- Market and advertise EL to the community.
- Create a clear statement about what sets us apart from other schools.
- Create a plan to reward excellence in teaching.
Brick and Mortar
Our campus is about 5.5 acres and is located in Rwamagana, Rwanda, the capital of both the Rwamagana District and the Eastern Province. It is about 31 miles from Kigali and has a population of about 50,0000.
- 11. Purchase land (2025)
- 12. 50-bed girls’ dorm (2026)
- 13. 6-classroom addition (2028)
- 14. 100-bed boys’ dorm (2030)
- 15. Sports complex (2032)
- 16. 50-bed girls’ dorm addition (2034)
- 17. Cafeteria extension (2036)
- 18. Teacher housing (2038)
In October 2021, we adopted a five-year master plan with three goals:
Goal #1: Sponsorship income grows to over $205,000/yr. by 2026.
Goal #2: Increase student population to 240 by 2026.
Goal #3: Limit budgeted expense growth to 1%/yr for years 2021-2026.